entry:00002

bam Bam BAM! I awake to what sounds like a battering ram outside my door. A quick glance at my wall clock, its 9:53 pm. BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM! That's just ridiculous. Whoever it is, better have an excellent, borderline life threatening excuse. "Who is it?!" I cautiously look out the peephole to see Vicki dressed in all black and a hoodie half covering her face. She rushes in when I open the door and locks it up for me. "Where've you been!?, I've been calling you all day! You're, you're all over the news!"
"Me? For what?"
"Really, Rox, honestly? You don't remember? Last night?" Then she starts mimicking Karate chops. I quickly scour my thoughts. I don't think I drunk anything yesterday...or did I? Hmmm. She abruptly grabs the remote off of the coffee table and turns on the news.
::::::::Tonight's Top Story; What really happened at 8th and Lennox?::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The camera showed Neardie Mart, the convenience store where we work, surrounded by yellow caution tape. CSI markers littered the parking lot. The fences on either side of the lot were bent backward, as if pushed by a pair of giant hands. All other metallic objects were convexo; cars, light poles, even the panes of our building. Glass was everywhere. The reporter said the 'mysterious anomaly' disrupted all time pieces within a mile radius. And just then it hit me; all the events of last night. The suspicious guy kinda hanging around, the lady with the hot pink Fucci bag, the burning feeling inside of me when I saw him advance toward her...
"Uh Roxie?"
"Yeah Vic?"
"Um, why are your eyes turning blue?"

Comments

Popular Posts