entry: 00005

So, what part of "I am not a super person" don't they understand? Like seriously! Vic and Erwin have had me testing the extent of the reaction my body has to UV radiation. While the human should be sleeping and the droid should be powering up, they have me trying to fry an egg with my mind or lifting a variety of heavy objects. Turns out while the sun is out I can lift 50lb without too much trouble; but at night my strength is twenty times greater. When I run, it feels like a normal jog; but from the outside I'm nearly breaking the sound barrier. E has also been documenting my encounters with a few of the troublemakers around our neighborhood, and the mini magnetosphere created is something I'll have to control if I want to keep peace with the local PD. It's sad though, things have been seeming to get progressively worse around here; robberies are like everyday. Violent intimidation is the norm. Cars come and go at all times of day and night; parking at particular houses with blue porch lights. And there's always some dude standing on the corner now, looking so lost, only leaving when relieved by some other barely sixteen year old kid. I mean, I'm not from around here (Talaxia's only a few light years away) but I can't in good faith sit around and not care. Especially when I have the...power...to do something about it...
So a couple of nights ago, having Thai with Erwin (yes he eats, its complicated), this older guy and his family keep staring at me. Do I have peanut sauce on my face? Sprouts in my teeth? "Rox, I'm picking up a level 4 magnetic signature from that guy's table. Dude! So either he's auditioning to be Magnito's stunt double in the new X-movie; or...or he's from..." "From where?", I whisper. His iris lenses shrink smaller and i suddenly feel warm. "Excuse me Miss?" A kind voice speaks from behind. I turn around and meet a set of Asian eyes as blue and true as mine...

Comments

Popular Posts